Protean’s FM-200 Series Insulated Core Metal Wall Panel Systems are laminated in our unique dead flat platen vacuum presses using only pre-cured rigid insulation boards cut from bunstock. Since the polyisocyanurate foam is poured in bunstock form and allowed to fully cure before cutting into slabs and laminated into panels, this eliminates the gas blistering often common with foamed-in-place panels. Our unique dead flat platen laminating process and materials creates the superior flatness of the laminated insulated foam panels and allows for smooth non-textured panel surfaces, as well as embossed surfaces, at no additional cost.
Variable metal wall panel widths are available up to 54 3/4″ in as many different sizes as the project requires at the same competitive price.
This system offers an excellent means of obtaining custom insulated wall panels. In addition to offering a polyisocyanurate insulated core, we offer an EPS – expanded polystyrene core with similar qualities at a less expensive price. Both foam core panels are available in panel thicknesses of approximately 1” up to 6″ with a standard thickness of 2″.
Advantages of laminated foam insulated wall panels over foamed in place panels:
- Our polyisocyanurate foam is produced in bunstock forms and fully cured before cutting into slabs. This eliminates the gas blistering common with foamed-in-place panels.
- Unlike some of our foamed in place competitors we don’t have the limitations of “standard modules” 24″, 30″, 36”…
Visit our aluminum Column Cover page for additional information on Column Covers and Beam Wraps to match or accent your laminated foam wall panel system.
Face and Liner Materials FM -200 Laminated Foam Panels Systems
- Aluminum .040 thick Standard
- Optional Aluminum material available, please contact Protean
- Galvanized Steel 22 Ga. Standard
- Optional Galvanized Steel material available, please contact Protean
- Stainless Steel 20 Ga. Standard
- Optional Stainless Steel material available please contact Protean
- Polyisocyanurate cores (R-value of 2″ Panel Tested Per ASTM C1363 – R-14)
- EPS Expanded Polystyrene core (R-value of 4 per inch of thickness)
Coatings and Colors
- Kynar 500 finishes, standard colors, custom colors, metallic and mica coatings.
- Anodized finishes, standard and custom
- Stainless Steel Standard Polished or Brushed Finishes.
- Non-Directional Embossed
Panels Size limitations
- Maximum panel lengths Approx. 24′-0″
- Maximum panel width Approx. 54 3/4″ based on 2” panel thickness (varies with panel thickness)
- Standard Vertical Joint 1/2” Dry Joints
- Standard Horizontal Joint 1/2” Dry Joints
Panels Design Configurations
- Square or Rectangular Flat Panels
- Geometric Shaped Panels
- Bent Panels – Corner Panels
- Multiple Bend – Fascia Panels
- Curved Panels
Panel Weights (Approximate)
- FM-200 Panel .040 Alum/Polyiso/.040 Alum 2” Panel 1.233#/SF
- FM-200 Panel 22 ga. Galv./Polyiso/22 ga. Galv. 2” Panel 2.653#/SF
- FM-200 Panel .040 Alum/EPS/.040 Alum 2” Panel 1.158#/SF
- FM-200 Panel 22 ga. Galv./EPS/22 ga. Galv. 2” Panel 2.578#/SF