Protean’s HC-220 Laminated Honeycomb Metal Wall Panels offer perhaps the flattest wall panel system available in the market today. The skins are laminated in our unique dead flat platen vacuum press using either kraft-paper honeycomb core or aluminum honeycomb core ensuring extreme flatness and greater composite strength. In addition to the phenomenal strength of the composite panel, the product is extremely light weight, the average Protean laminated wall panel weighs approximately 2 pounds per square foot significantly reducing the size, weight and cost of the supporting structure.
HC-220 Series Metal Wall Panel Systems are designed and installed utilizing a combination of our “rainscreen” principle panel system and gasket at the joints of the panel. The tongue and grove joint enables the metal wall panels to be installed both horizontally and vertically using concealed fasteners. When installed in the horizontal position, the joint system with interlocking tongue and groove, which provides a natural method of shedding water preventing the water from penetrating the exterior skin of the building.
The exterior panel skins are formed on press brakes, ensuring crisp lines and offering greater dimensional flexibility, while the interior liner skins are roll-formed, increasing productivity. The skins and the cores are then laminated on a dead flat platen vacuum press table ensuring extreme flatness and greater strength. This system offers an excellent means of obtaining custom insulated wall panels.
Typically fabricated at a thickness of 2″, the honeycomb core metal wall panels are also available 1” up to a thickness of 6″. Metal wall panel widths are available up to 54 3/4″ based on the 2” panel thickness available in as many different sizes as the project requires at the same competitive price. This system offers an excellent means of obtaining custom aluminum wall panels.
Visit our Aluminum Column Cover page for additional information on Column Covers and Beam Wraps to match or accent your honeycomb wall panel system.
Face and Liner Materials HC -220 Laminated Honeycomb Core Wall Panels Systems
- Aluminum .040 thick
- Optional Aluminum material available, please contact Protean
- Galvanized Steel 22 Ga
- Optional Galvanized Steel material available, please contact Protean
- Stainless Steel 20 Ga.
- Optional Stainless Steel material available please contact Protean
- Aluminum Honeycomb Core
- Kraftpaper Honeycomb Core
Coatings and Colors
- Kynar 500 finishes, standard colors, custom colors, metallic and mica coatings.
- Anodized finishes, standard and custom
- Stainless Steel Standard Polished or Brushed Finishes.
- Non-Directional Embossed
Panels Size limitations
- Maximum panel lengths Approx. 24′-0″
- Maximum panel width Approx. 54 3/4″ based on 2” panel (varies with panel thickness and gauge of face material)
Panels Design Configurations
- Square or Rectangular Flat Panels
- Geometric Shaped Panels
- Bent Panels – Corner panels
- Multiple Bend – Fascia Panels
- Curved or Radiused
- Standard Vertical Joint 1/2” Foam Gaskets at the ½” Joints
- Standard Horizontal Joint 1/2” Dry Joints
Panel Weights (Approximate)
- HC-220 Panel .040 Alum/Kraft Paper Honeycomb/.040 Alum 2” Panel 1.589#/SF
- HC-220 Panel .040 Alum/Alum Honeycomb/.040 Alum 2” Panel 1.264#/SF
- HC-220 Panel 22 ga. Galv./ Kraft Paper Honeycomb /22 ga. Galv. 2” Panel 2.934#/SF