Protean’s FM-220 Series Insulated Core Metal Wall Panel Systems are laminated in our unique dead flat platen vacuum presses using only pre-cured rigid insulation boards cut from bunstock. Since the polyisocyanurate foam is poured in bunstock form and allowed to fully cure before cutting into slabs and laminated into panels this eliminates the gas blistering often common with foamed-in-place panels. Our unique dead flat platen laminating process and materials creates the superior flatness of the laminated insulated foam panels and allows for smooth non-textured panel surfaces at no additional cost. Protean’s panel systems are manufactured with our standard smooth finish panel skins but are also available with non-directional embossed surfaces.
FM-220 Series Metal Wall Panel Systems are designed and installed utilizing a combination of our “rainscreen” principle panel system and gasket at the joints of the panel. The tongue and grove joint enables the metal wall panels to be installed both horizontally and vertically using concealed fasteners. When installed in the horizontal position, the joint system with interlocking tongue and groove, which provides a natural method of shedding water preventing the water from penetrating the exterior skin of the building.
The exterior panel skins are formed on press brakes, ensuring crisp lines and offering greater dimensional flexibility, while the interior liner skins are roll-formed, increasing productivity. The skins and the cores are then laminated on a dead flat platen vacuum press table ensuring extreme flatness and greater strength. This system offers an excellent means of obtaining custom insulated wall panels.
Typically fabricated at a thickness of 2″, the insulated core metal wall panels are also available 1” up to a thickness of 6″. Metal wall panel widths are available up to 54 3/4″ based on the 2” panel thickness available in as many different sizes as the project requires at the same competitive price.
In addition to offering a polyisocyanurate insulated core we offer an EPS – Expanded Polystyrene core with similar qualities at a less expensive price.
Visit our Aluminum Column Cover page for additional information on Column Covers and Beam Wraps to match or accent your laminated foam wall panel system.
Face and Liner Materials FM -220 Laminated Foam Panels Systems
- Aluminum .040 thick
- Optional Aluminum material available, please contact Protean
- Galvanized Steel 22 Ga
- Optional Galvanized Steel material available, please contact Protean
- Stainless Steel 20 Ga.
- Optional Stainless Steel material available please contact Protean
- Polyisocyanurate cores (R-value of 2″ Panel Tested Per ASTM C1363 – R-14)
- EPS Expanded Polystyrene core (R-value of 4 per inch of thickness)
Coatings and Colors
- Kynar 500 finishes, standard colors, custom colors, metallic and mica coatings.
- Anodized finishes, standard and custom
- Stainless Steel Standard Polished or Brushed Finishes.
- Non-Directional Embossed
Panels Size Limitations
- Maximum panel lengths Approx. 24′-0″
- Maximum panel width Approx. 54 3/4″ based on 2” panel thickness (varies with panel thickness)
Panels Design Configurations
- Square or Rectangular Flat Panels
- Geometric Shaped Panels
- Bent Panels – Corner panels
- Multiple Bend – Fascia Panels
- Curved or Radiused
- Standard Vertical Joint 1/2” Foam Gaskets at the ½” Joints
- Standard Horizontal Joint 1/2” Dry Joints
Panel Weights (Approximate)
- FM-220 Panel .040 Alum/Polyiso/.040 Alum 2” Panel 1.233#/SF
- FM-220 Panel 22 ga. Galv./Polyiso/22 ga. Galv. 2” Panel 2.653#/SF
- FM-220 Panel .040 Alum/EPS/.040 Alum 2” Panel 1.158#/SF
- FM-220 Panel 22 ga. Galv./EPS/22 ga. Galv. 2” Panel 2.578#/SF