Protean’s HC-100 Honeycomb Core Metal Wall Panels are laminated in vacuum presses, using either kraft-paper honeycomb core or aluminum honeycomb core with a variety of skin materials. Our unique dead flat platen vacuum press system utilized in our laminating process ensures extreme flatness and greater composite strength for the extremely light weight. Protean’s panel systems are manufactured with our standard smooth finish panel skins but are also available with non-directional embossed surfaces.
Utilizing standard installation details Protean’s HC-100 Series metal wall panels are to be sequentially installed to the structure with mechanical fasteners as a fully-caulked system.
The HC-100 Series metal wall panels can be designed to be non-sequentially installed utilizing clips attached to the metal wall panels, allowing panels to be installed or removed individually.
Protean’s HC-100 Series Honeycomb Panels can also fabricated to install into a storefront or curtain-wall glazing system as spandrel infill panels or laminated metal glazing panels provide an alternative to vision glass or spandrel glass.
Visit our aluminum Column Cover page for additional information on Column Covers and Beam Wraps to match or accent your honeycomb panel system.
Face and Liner Materials HC-100 Laminated Honeycomb Core Panel Systems
- Aluminum .040 thick Standard
- Optional Aluminum material available, please contact Protean
- Galvanized Steel 22 Ga. Standard
- Optional Galvanized Steel material available, please contact Protean
- Stainless Steel 20 Ga. Standard
- Optional Stainless Steel material available please contact Protean
- Aluminum Honeycomb Core
- Kraftpaper Honeycomb Core
Coatings and Colors
- Kynar 500 finishes, standard colors, custom colors, metallic and mica coatings.
- Anodized finishes, standard and custom
- Stainless Steel Standard Polished or Brushed Finishes.
- Non-Directional Embossed
Panels Size limitations
- Maximum panel lengths Approx. 24′-0″
- Maximum panel width Standard Panel Attachment Approx. 56″ based on 1” panel thickness (varies with panel thickness)
- Maximum panel width Clip Attachment System Approx. 58″ based on 1” panel thickness (varies with panel thickness)
Panels Design Configurations
- Square or Rectangular Flat Panels
- Geometric Shaped Panels
- Bent Panels – Corner Panels, Coping Panels or Multiple Bend Fascia Panels
- Curved or Radius Panels
- Standard Vertical Joint 1/2” caulked Joints
- Standard Horizontal Joint 1/2” caulked Joints
Panel Weights (Approximate)
- HC-100 Panel .040 Alum/Kraftpaper Honeycomb/.040 Alum 1” Panel 1.196#/SF
- HC-100 Panel .040 Alum/Alum Honeycomb/.040 Alum 1” Panel 1.358#/SF
- HC-100 Panel 22 ga. Galv./ Kraftpaper Honeycomb /22 ga. Galv. 1” Panel 2.616#/SF