Our AP-2000RS Rain-screen Aluminum Wall Panel system is our most economical rainscreen panel system. All metal wall panel corners in this system are welded and ground smooth with an option for tight fitting non-welded corners. Our AP-2000RS Aluminum Panels System can be installed as a drained/back-ventilated system or can be modified to install as a pressure equalized rainscreen system. The standard panel joints are 5/8” typical but the system can accommodate smaller ½” joints. Aluminum Wall Panels are reinforced with stiffeners as required by design loads to meet deflection criteria as well as eliminating the possibility of “oil canning”.
The aluminum wall panels can be custom painted to match or contrast other material on the project if required.
Utilizing Protean’s standard installation details the AP-2000RS Series Metal Wall Panels are sequentially installed to the structure with mechanical fasteners as a rainscreen system.
Our AP-2000RS Rainscreen Aluminum Wall Panel System is backed by and requires a proper air/water barrier to be designed and installed as with any rainscreen panel system.
See our aluminum Column Cover page for more information on our Column Covers and Beam Wraps to match or accent your metal panel system.
Face Materials AP- 2000RS Rainscreen Panel Systems
- .125 Aluminum Skins Standard
- .090 Aluminum Skins Optional (Anodized finishes may be limited in width due to availability of 5005 material)
- .063 & .080 Aluminum Pre-Finished Optional Skins non-welded corners
- Other Optional Skins may be available. Please call Protean
- 70% Kynar 500 Spray Coatings carrying a standard ten (10) year warranty (20 year option available)
- 70% Kynar 500 Coil Coatings on .063/.080 Alum non welded system (10/20) year warranty available
- Optional Spray finishes are available please call protean
- Class I (Clear, Bronze, Black, Med Bronze & Champagne) Batch Anodized with a Standard 5 year finish warranty
- Class II (Clear) Batch Anodized with a Standard 5 year finish warranty
- Other finishes are available. Please call Protean
- Standard Vertical Joint 5/8” dry joint
- Standard Horizontal Joint 5/8 dry Joints
Panels Size Limitations
- Maximum panel lengths Approx. 15′-9″
- Maximum panel width 53″ based on 1 1/4” minimum panel thickness with formed attachments (varies with panel thickness) standard panels thickness is 1 1/2”
Panels Design Configurations
- Square or Rectangular Flat Panels
- Geometric Shaped Panels – Triangular or Trapezoidal
- Bent Panels – Corner Panels, Coping Panels or Multiple Bend Fascia Panels
- Curved or Radius Panels