Extruded Aluminum Sunscreens are constructed using a variety of extruded aluminum shapes assembled with welded construction or with mechanical fasteners. The assembly can consist of stock shapes such as aluminum bars, tubes, angles, channels or can be totally custom shapes such as foils, fins or blades.
Extruded aluminum sunscreens are typically attached with outriggers attached to a building’s internal or exterior structural framing in a wide variety of methods. Sunscreen assemblies can also be attached directly to a curtainwall, sub-framing, or other building cladding material. Each design is engineered to insure structural stability and compliance with design load requirements.
SS-310 Extruded Aluminum Sunscreen Systems
- Extruded Aluminum .080 – .125 thick standard
- Optional Aluminum material available, please contact Protean
- Attachment to structure
- .25” Thick Aluminum
- .375” Thick Aluminum
- Outriggers are cut on CNC Routers to required design and function.
- Square or Rectangular Tubes
- Round Tube
- Airfoil Blades
- Mechanically fastened to outriggers or welded connections
Coatings and Colors
- Kynar 500 finishes, standard colors, custom colors, metallic and mica coatings.
- Anodized finishes, standard and custom (exposed welds will anodize different from extruded aluminum due to variances in alloys)
Panels Size Limitations
- Maximum panel lengths approx. 10′-0″
- Maximum panel width approx. 48″